Tasty Sweet & Savoury Recipes for Pancake Day
Pancake Day is just around the corner, and for all those batter-lovers that are looking for something a little more adventurous than the basic sugar and lemon combination – we’ve got a few Shrove Tuesday-treats for you!
Whether you’ve got a sweet tooth or love getting experimental with your pancake-creations, here’s a few sweet and savoury recipes to impress your loved ones with! Enjoy.
One for the Savoury-lover: Cheese & Bacon Pancakes
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 20 mins Level: Easy Serves: 4
200g diced smoked bacon lardons
200ml crème fraîche
Pinch of ground nutmeg
8 cooked and cooled large pancakes
1 tbsp caraway seeds
2 shallots, thinly sliced
50g finely grated Gruyére
1 cucumber – peeled, halved and sliced
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Heat the grill to a high heat, and put bacon lardons on a baking tray. Grill for around 10 minutes until crisp, and then set aside.
- Mix the crème fraîche with the nutmeg and caraway seeds (if using) and season.
- Working in batches, place a pre-made pancake on a non-stick baking sheet, divide the crème fraîche mixture between the 4 pancakes, and generously apply. Top each pancake with the lardons and cheese.
- Put pancakes under the grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- While each batch cooks, mix the cucumber with the vinegar and dill, season and serve as a side with the pancakes.
One for the Sweet-tooth: Strawberry, Toasted Almond and Caramel Pancakes
Prep: 10 mins Cook: 5 mins Level: Easy Serves: 4
2 tbsp sugar
20 strawberries, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
Oil for frying
1 tbsp caramel sauce
300ml Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp heaped, toasted almonds
- In a bowl, sprinkle the sugar over the strawberries and leave to soak while you make the pancakes. Pre-heat oven to a low heat.
- Cook pancakes as normal, leaving batter to stand until the top side looks dry and the bottom is golden, usually around 30 seconds. Flip and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, place two pancakes on each plate.
- Gently fold the juicy strawberries and caramel through the yoghurt until it ripples. Dollop the yoghurt mixture onto the pancakes and scatter with almonds.
Here at Range Experts, we’re passionate about range cookers, and provide quality range repairs in Devon. Not only are they a handy piece of kit for your kitchen, but provide a stunning design for many interiors. So, if you’re looking to get your range cooker serviced – please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly and helpful team on 01392 427641 today!