Tasty Treats For Your Spring Garden Party (Part One)
With the weather just about warming up, it’s time to dust off the outdoor furniture and throw a few lovely events in the comfort of your beautiful garden. Whether it’s your birthday, anniversary or just an excuse to have a good time – we’re here to bring you the yummiest recipe treats for those special parties and events. After all, what’s a party without some good grub?
As specialists of cooking up a storm and range repairs in Devon, we’ve put together some of our favourite spring-tastic buffet foods and nibble ideas to impress your guests and keep ’em happy. So, here’s part one of our sunshine garden party extravaganza! Enjoy.
When it comes to a party – you need to keep the drinks flowing, but that doesn’t always mean alcohol and colourful cocktails! If you’re having a day and night event, you’ll want to keep your guests fed and watered ’til the early hours – so give them something refreshing yet completely fun and unique!
P.s If you’re the organised type, you can make the raspberry syrup up to 1 week ahead and refrigerate it in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Clever, eh?
Makes: 8 cups
3/4 cups raspberries
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cups water
6 cups cold water
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
Extra raspberries and strawberries, garnish
For the raspberry syrup:
1. Place the raspberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until raspberries start to fall apart, about 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, place a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl, and set aside.
3. Pour the raspberry mixture through the strainer and gently push on the solids to release all of the liquid, and discard the solids. Let the syrup cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, about 30 minutes more.
For the lemonade:
1. Place the raspberry syrup in a pitcher. Add the cold water and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To serve, pour over ice and garnish with lemon slices and fresh raspberries and strawberries, if desired.
Chocolate & Raspberry Macaroons
We’ve all seen them, but not everyone has tried one, so why not give your guests a little French luxury at your party? They’re cute, snack size and colourful – perfect for any sunshine event!
170g icing sugar
160g ground almonds
120ml egg whites from 4 medium eggs, separate into 2 equal batches
160g granulated sugar
1/2tsp water-based liquid food colouring (use whatever colour you like to complement your party decor!)
120g double cream
110g dark chocolate, finely chopped
25g unsalted butter, room temperature
75g raspberry jam
1. Place the icing sugar and ground almonds in the bowl of a food processor and pulse about 15 times until fully combined. Sieve this mixture into a large bowl, and discard any particles that stay in the sieve.
2. Add the first batch of egg whites to the almond mixture, and mix to form a thick paste and set aside.
3. Tip the second batch of egg whites into a spotlessly clean, heatproof bowl and have an electric whisk at the ready! Place 50ml water and the granulated sugar until a small saucepan and heat on a medium temperature. Bring to the boil and cook until the syrup reaches 110C. (Use a sugar thermometer!)
4. Beat the egg whites on a high speed. Once the syrup has reached 118C, pour it slowly down the side of the mixer bowl, avoiding the moving whisk. Continue to whisk on high until the mixture has cooled slightly and you have a shiny peaked meringue mixture. Add the food colouring and whisk to combine.
5. Tip the meringue onto the almond mixture, and fold gently together. Tip: It is important not to over-mix the batter. Mix to a thick ribbon consistency which fades back into the batter within 30 seconds. If it doesn’t – fold a few more times!
6. Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/3-4 gas. Line 3 baking sheets with baking parchment.
Don’t forget to check back on our blog soon for more recipes and tasty treat ideas! Here at Range Experts, we’re passionate about all things range, and offer professional and quality range cooker repairs and servicing, including emergency call outs. So, for more information, or to speak to one of our friendly and professional team – please do not hesitate to contact us on 01392 427 641 today!