New Year Recipe: Chocolate Biscuit & Strawberry Cheesecake
If you’ve been reading our blog for a while, you’ll know that we love range cookers and why is that? Because we also have a love of good food and nothing tastes quite as good as something baked in a range cooker. As we specialise in Aga repairs in Exeter, we thought that we’d share a fantastic recipe for the New Year as a thank you to all of our customers throughout 2014!
We’ve had an exciting year and are looking forward to what 2015 will bring us, but now it’s time to reveal our recipe that will help you to bring in the New Year with style…
Strawberry & Chocolate Biscuit Baked Cheesecake
Who doesn’t like a good cheesecake? Plus the combination of strawberries and chocolate is simply a match made in heaven! So before you start those New Year diets, indulge in this lavish cheesecake!
- 350g plain chocolate biscuits (digestives work best)
- 120g butter (melted)
Filling & Topping
- 650g cream cheese
- 110g caster sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 300ml sour cream
- 1 lemon (the zest!)
- 4 medium eggs
- Fresh strawberries
- Grated plain chocolate
- Put chocolate biscuits in a sandwich bag and crush; a rolling pin is a great bashing tool(or a clean meat tenderiser)!
- Melt the butter and mix with the crumbs of biscuits in a saucepan. Line the base of a 23cm spring form tin then press the biscuit mixture into the base.
- Place in the fridge to set whilst you make the filling for the cheesecake.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the soured cream, cream cheese, eggs, sugar and the lemon zest and then simply pour on top of the cooled biscuit base.
- For a 2 oven Aga you will need to place the cake in the roasting oven for around 10 minutes. If you have a baking oven, simply place in here for about 20minutes. Then move the cake to the simmering oven so that the cheesecake will set.
- Leave to cool on the side then move to cool further in the fridge.
- Finally when completely cool remove carefully from the tin and decorate with strawberries and grated dark chocolate for a decadent dessert!
**If you crave more strawberry flavour top with a strawberry sauce or fold a few chopped strawberries into the filling mixture!
We hope that you enjoy making the recipe and more importantly enjoy eating it! This recipe is simple and turns out beautifully every time. So good luck for 2015, we hope that you have a fantastic year full of wonderful food.
To book an appointment for an Aga repair or a servicing, please get in contact with us on 01392 427641.